Sunday, March 30, 2014

Is the Bellarocca Resort and Spa Closing?


With no air services from Manila to Marinduque, the financial success of the Bellarocca Resort in Buenavista is indeed not guaranteed and rumors are circulating that this 5 star resort is in financial distress and might even be closing soon. I could identify with the Bellarocca situation being a small beach resort owner here in Boac. Chateau Du Mer Beach Resort main income source is from tourist abroad ( US and Europe). This year I have lost several prospective clients from abroad for this Holy Week when they learned that there are no air services from Manila to the island. The tedious, overcrowded and almost whole day land and sea ride turned off three of my prospective clients from Europe this month. Thanks God, I do not depend my livelihood on my beach resort. I am re posting the photos, I took of Bellarocca during our post medical mission R & R in case you have not seen it. It will be a shame if Bellarocca resort will close because of the medieval( no air services) transportation amenities of this beautiful island province, I called my second home.













Above are some of the photos I took during our recent visit and overnight stay at the now world famous 5 star resort in Buenavista, Marinduque, Philippines-The Bellarocca Resort and Spa, last February 13-14, 2011. This visit was in connection of Marinduque International Inc, post medical mission R&R activity. Anne Miles (President of MI, Inc-2010-2011) and I arranged for this visit which included a Catholic Mass by Bishop Rey Evangelista of the Diocese of Boac and a Valentine Dinner Dance. The resort gave us a 50% discount on our accommodation but not on meals and other amenities. It was a visit to remember. The place is beautiful and the view of Mt. Malindig and the Marinduque mainland from our bedroom as well as from all public areas of the resort was mesmerising and breath-taking.

3 comments:

  1. The reason for the end of the air services was because Zest Air became AirAsia Zest and decided to focus solely on jets. Their MA-60s were either stored or returned to China. As for the Marinduque airport, its runway's nearly repaired. About 75% of the runway is now concrete. The remaining 25% remains unfinished due to the province's politics. Once the runway's renovated completely, Cebu Pacific is said to be flying there. There will be two planes daily, Manila-Marinduqe-Manila & Cebu-Marinduque-Cebu. I've asked Cebu Pacific if they will indeed be flying there. Their response? "We'll see."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anonymous for your feedback. I hope air services in Marinduque to Manila and back will be in operation by the end of this year.

      Delete
  2. Can I ask who is the owner of the Bellarocca?

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...