Friday, December 16, 2011

Chapter 15: Golden Wedding Entourage and Party( Dinah)

Absent Grand Children-Philip, Alix and Marina Katague

Dave and Macrine Katague Wedding, May, 8, 1957


Golden Wedding Entourage,December,2007

This is the wedding entourage during our Golden Wedding Anniversary celebration at the Boac Cathedral, December, 2007. If you are reading this blog and you are over 65, you are indeed a rare human being. Let me explain why. Based on the current survey, the majority of blog users ranged in ages from 12 to 40. Only a minority of blog users (filipino or filipino-Americans,and others) are over 65 years old. Anyway, thank you for visiting my blog site.I hope to see you soon in Marinduque-my island paradise and Heaven on Earth.
NOTE:Today,I found out there are over seven million bloggers in the world and blogging started in 2003.I just started last May,and really enjoying this activity. Currently,I have seven blog sites on various topics. I hope you enjoy visiting at least one of my site.

The David King Family at our Golden Wedding Anniversary
The following is from Dinah's Christmas Newsletter, describing the family's trip to the Philippines during our golden wedding anniversary celebrations as well as the current status of her children, Ian and Elaine as well as husband, David King.

I'm here again at my favorite time of the year. Besides good food, we all make an extra effort to remember those people who have touch our lives in a positive memorable ways this past year. This time of the year always give me a special glow inside that makes me grateful for all the blessings in my life. Now, allow me talk about my favorite subject. My family of course!
Our 2008 year, actually started in December, 2007. On the 20th of December, Lolo Katague's birthday, the King family boarded an airplane at the SFO International Airport headed to the Philippines, to spend 16 days experiencing the country of my parent's birth and to celebrate their Golden Wedding Anniversary. I could spend pages describing what a wonderful experience this was for everyone, but then I would just bore you all. Meeting all the cousins, eating, drinking, dancing, joking, betting, taking risks, attending cock fights, picnic excursion, riding tricycles and jeepneys and even destroying the natural coral reefs by shooting firecrackers into the ocean, as well as swimming and snorkeling and experiencing a wonderful culture and family that has lived half a world away, makes me feel so blessed to have been able to share this experience with my children and husband.
A big "THANK YOU" to all the Nieva's and Jambalos side of the family for making us feel a part of your lives. We have all agreed to make the trip again in four years. Then, maybe this time, we can spend a month and get to know the Katague's side of the family.
Upon returning to the Unites States, I was greeted with the fact that my contract work was not going to be renewed, because my employer had been laying off people since September. This was not unexpected and it gives me time to look for another job.

By the time you get this letter, I will have entered my second art show and sale. I have actually sold pieces of my pottery, so to be able to make this hobby a saleable endeavor is exciting.
Ian is now a senior in high school. He spent his summer life guarding and enjoying swim team activities and water polo. Unfortunately, during the second week of water polo practice, he messed up his ACL and meniscus in his left knee. His surgery went well but was on crutches for 12 weeks. Now he has an after school job, as a day care counselor at a local elementary school. The kids and staff all love him. Last May, Ian also got his driver's license and now a big help, driving her sister and me around.
Ian and Elaine with Badger and Phantom
Elaine is also doing well. She finished off her freshman year as being the best back stroker in the Junior Varsity Swim Team. She has also joined the 15-18 age group water polo team. Their water polo team made it to the quarter finals in NCS. This was the highest level in the Las Lomas High School girls history. She ended up with the third highest shooting percentage in the team. The most amazing thing is, she is only 15 years old.
For Dave, he has been diligent in his yoga and exercise program. He has lost a total of 20 lbs. Unfortunately for him and family, his last day of work was on November 26.
His company, a home Equity company has also been affected by the mortgage crisis. He is looking at being laid off as an opportunity to start a new adventure in life and not a depressing and anxiety filled and stressful situation. With this positive attitude, it is only a matter of time before that new adventure will appear.
Note: On April 1, 2009, both Dinah and Dave started working for a local bank on a contract basis. Hopefully as the economy improves, they will be converted into permanent employees with all benefits restored. Please include them in your prayers.
So, as I conclude this annual newsletter, I want to bring to all of you the blessing of our gratitude for being a part of our lives this year. May all the joys of the season be with you this Christmas and New Year. Namaste, Dinah Katague King
Dinah and husband, Dave King
Note: Dinah is my oldest daughter. She was born in Chicago, Illinois. She obtained her BA degree from Sacramento State University and Masters Certificate in Paralegal Studies at St. Mary College in Moraga, California. She was formerly married to David King, a former classmate. They have two children, Ian, 20 and Elaine, 18, both college students.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! We also wish to celebrate 50 years of marital bliss...so beautiful! Congratulations Dave and Macrine! God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yanx and Vanz, thank you for your comment! When will be your golden wedding anniversary?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. Marinduque is a beautiful island! We have relatives living there. Hopefully, we will be back next year. We wrote about Marinduque on our blog: yanxandvanz.blogspot.com. You may want to visit our blog and we would try to drop by chateaudumer in our next visit at Marinduque.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yanx and Vanx, congratulations on your 5th Wedding Anniversary. Hope to see you someday at Chateau Du Mer. Have a Great Day!

      Delete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...