Friday, May 20, 2016

I found a Drought Resistant Flowering Shade Tree for My Yard


The Dynamite Red Crape Myrtle that blooms light red the first year and then get deeper each year.

For the last 4 weeks, I had been searching for a flowering shade tree to replace the maple tree that died in my front yard this year. After reading the Internet and talking to the neighbors, I decided to buy a crape myrtle which blooms during summer to late Fall.

I purchased a 15-gal tree that is about 6 ft tall from our local Lowe's Nursery. I paid $69.99. I have my gardener picked it up in his truck. He planted the tree immediately and charged me another $100.

According to the Nursery brochure this variety is pest and disease resistant as well as highly drought tolerant. It will bloom during summer and last until late Fall. The mature height varies from 20 to 25 ft and the mature width from 10 to 20 ft. The botanical name is lagerstroemia indica. For more information on flowering shade trees see:

http://www.fast-growing-trees.com/CrapeMyrtles.htm?gclid=CIfj6q6e6cwCFQ2QaQodLzIIWw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...