Sunday, September 1, 2019

An Easy Recipe for Baked or Roasted Okra

I planted Okra in my garden this year. The following photo is my 4th harvest this year. I usually cooked the okra by just steaming it and then sauteed with butter and shrimp paste ( bago-ong) with a little vinegar. I am tired with this recipe so I searched for a roasted or baked okra recipe and I found the following from Cooktoria.com


HOW TO MAKE BAKED OKRA:

1. Preheat the oven to 450F degrees.

2. Rinse the okra, and dry with a paper towel. Trim away the stem ends, and then cut it into 1/2 to 3/4-inch pieces. Spread the okra on a sheet pan in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil, paprika, salt, and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Stir.

3. Bake the okra for about 15 minutes. The okra should be lightly browned and tender, with a nice seared aroma. Serve immediately.

This is a simple, flavorful, and easy Baked Okra recipe. Seasoned with paprika, salt, and a pinch of cayenne, this okra makes a great snack or side dish.


Ingredients

1 lb. fresh okra
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. paprika
salt to taste
a pinch of cayenne pepper optional

❤ COOKTORIA.COM

For my other Favorite Philippine Dishes read:

https://hubpages.com/food/my-favorite-philippine-dishes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...