Thursday, February 15, 2024

World Radio Day and the Valentine Dinner

I found the following message on my E-mail the other day. I was surprised of the statistical data, so I am reposting it for your reading pleasure.  I thought TV has replaced Radio viewing, on the contrary radio listening is not declining.  I could identify the with sentiments in the following posting.

February 13th is World Radio Day.

World Radio Day! | World radio, Digital marketing quotes, Radio advertising


"I grew up in a household in the Philippines where the family radio was played every morning, late afternoon and in the evening.

I just know that the radio played a significant part in developing my mental faculties, imagination and general curiosity.

And now that we are in 2024 – in the age of the internet, podcasts and streaming media –  radio is simply far from passe.

Here in the United States, 88 percent of Americans (or 293 million strong) listen to AM/FM radio on a weekly basis according to Nielsen Media Research (based on 2021 data).

In the Philippines, 62 percent of respondents to a survey conducted by Kantar Media indicated accessing media through radio or audio in 2018.

The theme for World Radio Day 2024 is "Radio: A century informing, entertaining and educating."

Happy listening".

For complete Details visit:

https://musicalpursuits.com/radio/

Personal Note: I listened to Alexa for news, music, weather and other information that I need every day.  How about You? Do you still listen to the Radio? 

Meanwhile enjoy these photos I took at our Special Valentine Dinner last night. Long-stem Red Roses were given to all Residents at Dessert time. Thank You, THD  for the beautiful red rose. 



I heard that the viola concert from 4 to 5 PM was not well attended. I was not able to attend since I took a nap after playing bridge from 1 to 4PM.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...