Monday, August 28, 2017
Our Five Luxuries Residing in the United States-An Update
Just recently I wrote about our four luxuries residing in the US. This posting is an update adding the 5th luxury that I just remembered the other day after buying a Shiseido lipstick for Macrine.
"This year is our 57th year living in the US. Macrine turned 81 years old last March and I turned 82 years old last December 20. We have lived in almost all regions of the US except the South. We have resided in Chicago, Illinois* (5 years), Kansas City, Missouri** (5 years), Modesto, California*** (5 years), Pinole, California**** (12 years), Colesville, Maryland *****( 12 years) and currently in the eastern suburb of Sacramento, California since 2002.
We have purchased six houses during those years and saw our four children and six grandchildren finished their college education ( BS and professional degrees) except for our youngest grand daughter who is only 14 years old. We have enjoyed vacationing in several countries outside the US. We have also visited almost all the big cities in the US.(http://davidbkatague.blogspot.com)
We have also built a retirement home and beach house and conference hall in Boac, Marinduque, Philippines (http://chateaudumer.blogspot.com).
Today we live a simple life. Our five luxuries are:
1. The service of two Cleaning Ladies for the whole house twice a month.
2. The home service for a whole body massage (one hour each) once a month
3. Food Delivery Service for Gourmet cooked meals ( just heat it for 2 minutes) once to twice a week( Munchery.com )
4. Twice a month Escapade to our local Indian Casino for Dinner and a little Gambling ( slots and Pai Gow Poker) and
5. Macrine's used of Shiseido cosmetics and products for the last 5 decades. In case you do not know Shiseido cosmetics are very expensive. Their lipstick price ranged from $28 to $35 dollars. Just purchased one lipstick just the other day. Shiseido has a moisturizing cream priced at $280 for the 50 mL size.
However, the above is not their most expensive cream. For their most expensive cream read the article on the bottom of this page##.
Prior to the PD diagnosis of Macrine, we spent from 3 to 5 months every year at our retirement home in Marinduque. However, since last year, because of Macrine's health we were not able to travel to the Philippines and enjoyed our beach house. We really missed Amoingon, Boac (Chateau Du Mer) this time of the year when the weather in the Philippines is dry and cool.
Because of her PD and medications, Macrine felt isolated once in a while. Thus a visit and phone call from relatives and friends are very much welcome.
So what is in our future? This will depend on the progression of Macrine's Parkinson. For me, my arthritis has limited my movement a little, but my mind is sharp! I still enjoyed a mean game of duplicate bridge on line.
Friends and Relatives, please pray for our health so that we can continue our simple life here in the US perhaps for another decade. Another decade may be a dream but one can hope, anyway. Give us a call just to say hello, message us in FB or send us an e-mail and if you are nearby visit us! Macrine and I are looking forward for your call, message or visit. Surprise US!"