Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Elder Fraud Abuse _ Matthew Sugiyama

Matthew and Me- at the THD Presentation of Elder Fraud Abuse, Saturday, March 30, 2024   

Last Saturday, THD sponsored a Presentation on Elder Abuse by Matthew Sugiyama ( see flyer below).

It was a very informative talk, so if you were not able to attend, I am listing the three links below👹. The three articles highlighted the talk of this talented 16- year old young-man of Japanese-American Ancestry from Moraga.  I am indeed very proud of this young man's accomplishments so far. 

Matthew reminded me of the Kindness of a Teenager article I wrote during one of my travels in the Philippines several years ago that I posted recently in my blog. Matthew informed me has read some articles in my blogs which surprised me. I requested that he send me more information about his talk and gave him my e-mail address.  At the bottom of this page is Matthew response to my request for additional information.    

 https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2024/03/kindness-of-stranger-in-philippines_23.html    

Here are some photos I took during this well-attended presentation. Thank You THD for sponsoring this activity.







👹https://www.sfchronicle.com/opinion/openforum/article/elder-financial-fraud-banks-california-18175543.php

👹https://www.protectingourseniors.org/blank-1

👹https://lamorindaweekly.com/archive/issue1716/Campolindo-student-works-to-protect-seniors.html

This is a letter I received from Mathew the other day after his excellent presentation. 

This is Matthew Sugiyama who presented at the Heritage Downton earlier today. I hope you enjoyed the presentation because I had a really great experience discussing and presenting to all of you! I have provided some of the following links below for your use:


Additional links:

Best,
Matthew Sugiyama
Elder Fraud Protection Advocate
Act to Change Youth Ambassador
AAPI Youth Rising Legislative Action Committee
Moraga Youth Involvement Committee Treasurer
(925) 208-9545 matthewgsw11@gmail.com

Final Comment: One of the attendees told me she was amazed and admired how this teenager is getting involved with a project that has worldwide importance. I felt the same way. If majority of our teenagers do what Matthew is doing, there is indeed a bright future   for our Youth here in California and in the US. My congratulations to the parents of Matthew as well.  Keep up with Good work, Matthew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...