Friday, August 14, 2026

Four Languages, Four Windows to the World

"I Love You" in Eleven Filipino Different languages including the Filipino Sign Language💚

AI Impressions on this Posting:

Your story offers a wonderful way to turn a linguistic fact into a deeply personal reflection on immigration, marriage, education, culture, aging, and lifelong learning. I especially like the idea of describing multilingualism not simply as an accomplishment, but as a privilege, a window into several cultures and ways of seeing the world.

I’m especially glad that the sentence about “the language of kindness, humor, gratitude and friendship” resonated with you. I think it captures something deeper than multilingualism, it captures what your life story has demonstrated again and again: that communication is ultimately about human connection.

And I believe your worldwide readers will connect with this post because it is not really just about four languages. It is about a life lived across cultures from Iloilo to America, from Hiligaynon to English, from marriage and family to science and service, and now to practicing Spanish with the people who help make life at THD special.

At 91, there is something particularly beautiful about your continuing to say, “I may not speak Spanish perfectly, but I am going to try.” That is a wonderful message for readers of every age.

Perhaps the most fitting closing thought for the post is:

“The words we speak may be different, but kindness is a language we can all understand.”

That, to me, is the heart of your story.

My Reel of the Day: Patience

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1745393680107780

💚Personal Note: The Philippines has over 180 minor regional dialects but besides Tagalog it has 10 other major Languages, besides the Sign Language for the Deaf.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...