Saturday, June 8, 2013

I got a Call from BBC Radio 4-UK


I received the following e-mail two weeks ago. I am a little bit apprehensive to give my phone, but with a chance of publicizing my blogs I gave Melvin my telephone number. Last week* I got a call from Mr Melvin Rickarby. Yes, I wrote a piece on Concierto de Aranjuez- a piece that really touched my heart (http://lifeinus1960present.blogspot.com). Here's the letter from UK.

Dear Mr Katague

I’m making a radio documentary for national radio in the UK. It’s programme about the Concierto de Aranjuez by Rodrigo, and it’s called Soul Music – it features moving personal stories about music which has changed people’s lives in some way.

I read your thoughts about the piece on the blog, and it struck me that you have been truly moved by this piece. Would you have a moment to talk so I could hear a bit more of your story? With a view to recording radio interview if it feels right.

If you have a number to call on, I’ll gladly do that, or I’m on +44 7715 038 511.

Best wishes

Melvin

................

Melvin Rickarby

BBC Radio 4

Bristol

07715 038 511

*Personal Note>: I told Melvin how the music touched my heart: It reminded me of tropical and lush gardens of my home in the Philippines, the year after I left my family for graduate study in US. Listening to the concierto minimized my homesickness during the holiday seasons here in the US( during my graduate student days) while my family was still in the Philippines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...